Los Angeles Fire Department Emergency Preparedness booklet (59-page PDF)
Emergency preparedness resource for kids & parents & teachers http://www.ready.gov/kids
http://5steps.la/ which is for the City of LA
Eathquake preparedness – before, during & after
make a home fire escape plan (includes a grid to draw it out)
Map Your Neighborhood program (in the Valley, a promoted event for 2/21/15 at:SOS Survival Products, C. Denise Edwards Training Center, 15705 Strathern St., #11, Van Nuys, CA 91406
Come take this FREE orientation class and learn how you can host the FREE MYN [Map Your Neighborhood] program on your block! Disasters are major events that can strike anywhere and at any time. In a disaster, traditional 9-1-1 and Emergency Responder capabilities will be overwhelmed and unable to immediately assist individuals. That’s why preparing your neighborhood is vital. Neighbors will likely be the first ones to offer you assistance. Neighbors that are prepared are more effective in their response to a disaster and have an increased capacity to be self-sufficient for the first 72 hours after a disaster.
MYN will help you and your neighbors to:
• Learn the 9 Steps to take immediately following a disaster to secure your home and to protect your neighborhood.
• Identify the skills and equipment each neighbor has that would be useful in an effective disaster response.
• Create a simple neighborhood map identifying the locations of utility shutoffs for quick response, if needed.
• Create a contact list that helps identify those with specific needs such as the elderly, disabled, or children who may be home alone.
• Learn to work together as a team to evaluate your neighborhood during the first hour following a disaster and take the necessary actions.
Come take this FREE orientation class and learn how you can host the FREE MYN program on your block!
Lake Balboa Neighborhood Council
Emergency Preparedness Co-Chairs
Granada Hills North Neighborhood Council
Emergency Preparedness Chair
This content is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please log in.